Monday, April 7, 2008

FOSSMEET

Friends in this Blog i want to share my memories when working with FOSS Team. @NIT Calicut...

i was participated in  FOSS MEET   in 2007 and 2008  on behalf of IEEE, NITC

FOSS MEET 2007 was a three day event

i was part of organizing committee . Though i didn't play any major role in the FOSS-MEET , it gave lot of opportunity to understand about leadership qualities, organisation skills, how to be a active team member etc..etc..

special mention about this FOSS MEET  was ...blogging .I attended one workshop on blogging , it was very interesting... I started blogging after this FOSS MEET.

FOSS MEET 2008 was a three day event

Though i was not involved much technically to finalize the technical content of the program. I was the Convener for this program. press conference, addressing the group during inauguration etc...are part of my responsibilities...

Nut shell, The idea of FOSS MEET i.e "it's all about Freedom & sharing" had great impression in my mind.

Technically i may not contribute to FOSS as i am a Electrical Engineer but it is very important to spread this movement in India, which leads to soft-world where we develop our program/application/tools etc..independently.

Friends, it's all about Freedom of having your own code/software/application and sharing it with your friends..

My best wishes all my friends/ NITians/ IEEEians who are working / contributing  for FOSS in India.

No comments: